Welcome to my design world.
I am an interior designer.
Looking for the
opportunity to enhance life by space.
Jiaqi Gu | DOB: 08/18/1995 | Born in China
PRATT INSTITUTE Brooklyn, New York
•Degree: M.F.A. in Interior Design 08/2017- 05/2020
TIANJIN ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS (TAFA) Tianjin, China
•Degree: B.F.A. in Interior Design 09/2013 - 06/2017
Design Consultant and Marking & Sales Manhattan, New York
•Yirental Inc. 07/2020 - Now
I am responsible for helping tenants find suitable housing from the perspective of an interior designer and establishing
cooperation with local buildings. I also update housing information according to customer requirements, including
drawing of floor plans, inspection, and rearrangement of current interior conditions. My current work is based on the
investigation of the urban housing market and the concept of future housing design.
Graduate Design Assistant for School Planning + Design Department Brooklyn, New York
•Pratt Institute 01/2020- 05/2020
I got this on-campus job during my thesis year to practice my professional skill in practical programs. During this period, I updated the previous CAD and Revit files based on the existing space situation and also completed the Schedule list in Revit.
Design Project Mentor for Certificate of English Proficiency Program Brooklyn, New York •Pratt Institute 09/2018- 05/2019
In this program, I am the mentor to assign and guide finish students to complete design project assignments. In three to four weeks’ project, I guided students and taught them how to finish their work in a critical way.
Interior Design Assistant Shanghai, China
•Shanghai Xian Dai Architectural Decoration & Landscape Design Research Institute Co., LTD 06/2018- 09/2018
During this internship, I coordinated the design group with the engineering group in two hospitality projects and also helped the main designers check and develop details in each project.
Golden-Creativity International Collage Students Space Design Competition 07/2017
• Joined the 2017 Golden-Creativity Competition Awards& International Designers Forum
• Work “ On the Way to Kakuma” won the Architectural Design Bronze Award
Design Art Committee Nomination Exhibition of Nantong City Youth Artists Association 08/2016
• Joined the exhibition where I talked about my design works with the public from the designer’s point of view for the first time, enhanced my oral expression and adaptability, helped more people understand my works and spread my ideas about old city buildings and design concepts as well
• Received the Public Space Design Award in the youth design exhibition and the 10-minute TV live interview as well
Cross-Strait College Students Interior Design Hand-painted Competition, TAFA Finals 06/2016
• Took part in the creative guest room design freehand painting contest between mainland colleges and Taiwan
• Won the Excellent Works Award in the TAFA Finals zone
Tianjin Illumination Association/Society Logo Design Competitions 06/2015
• Participated in the competitions and won Excellence Award on both occasions
Beijing 751 International Design 10/2016
• Initiated and organized the 3-day visit to the design week, where all the Interior Design major students visited and listened to the forum and design exhibition held in Beijing
Network Information Division of Student Union, School of Environment and Architecture, TAFA 2013-2015
• Served as the vice-president of the division for two years
• Mainly edited school activities and provided related counseling for students, such as a summary of open lectures
Building space design coursework 10/2015
• Led my team to select a more challenging project for the coursework: 2015 China Pavilion in Milan
• Added our own ideas into the internal form of the building and personally wove rattan canopy to ensure a high degree of similarity of the model with the building
• Skilled mastery of CAD \ Sketchup \ Enscape \ Revit \ 3Dmax\ Rhino \ Adobe PS \ AI \ID
• Proficient in Drawing
• Languages: Chinese (Native); English (Fluent)
HONOR & AWARD
• National Scholarship, China 11/2016
• 1st-class Scholarship for Excellence in Comprehensive Performance, TAFA 12/2015
• Excellent Youth League Member, TAFA 05/2015
• Excellent Student Leader for Brilliant Work in Media Department of Student Union, TAFA 01/2015
• 2nd-class Scholarship for Excellence in Comprehensive Performance, TAFA 12/2014